The organizations listed below are members of the Southern Gerontological Society. This listing does not imply endorsement of the organization by SGS or accuracy of information on its website.
If you are interested in joining SGS and wish to learn more about the benefits of membership, please click or tap here.
Membership Benefits for Organizations
As part of your membership benefits, you will receive two excellent publications:
- The Organizational and Corporate memberships include SGS memberships for up to three (3) employees, with the organization or corporation receiving one vote.
- Discounts on SGS annual conference registration, exhibits, and advertising.
- One annual subscription to the Journal of Applied Gerontology (JAG), the official monthly journal of SGS. Organizations receive a single online access point, as well as access to archived JAG publications (1999-current).
- Annual subscription to The Southern Gerontologist, an SGS online newsletter that provides updates on applied projects, member activities, emerging issues, and other important news related to the field of aging and SGS activities.
- Preferential ad placement in the Journal of Applied Gerontology.
- Free access to SGS webinars.
- Free job postings on the SGS website.
- Opportunities for promoting research studies and recruiting study participants.
- Brand marketing on the SGS website and opportunities to share information through The Southern Gerontologist newsletter.
- Discounted article processing charges for those accepted to publish in the SGS open access journal Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine, published by Sage Publications.
- Access to member-only directory and forums and other networking opportunities.
We hope this information has been helpful to you and that you will respond by becoming an active member of this organization.
Get the SGS Organizational Membership Brochure by clicking or tapping on the "Get the Document" button.
Join SGS Now
We'd like to offer you the opportunity to become a member of one of the most respected groups of gerontology professionals in the Southern region – The Southern Gerontological Society. SGS members make a difference – by continually providing professionals in the aging network with access to the latest research and a forum for discussing important practical issues relating to older adults in our area.