Criteria (Must be completed for all nominations)
- Nominees must have demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to the field of aging and the development of gerontology in the South.
- Any media is eligible for the award, although their contribution should be to further understanding of aging in the region.
- The product may be a single effort or part of a continuing series.
- The media product should have been produced within one (1) year of the nomination date.
- The nomination must indicate how the media product contributes to the mission of SGS.
- A copy of the media product should be submitted with the application. If the product is available on-line, the URL should be provided or a PDF file may be sent.
- A minimum of one letter of support must be provided in Microsoft Word or PDF format. This document will need to be available on the computer you are using to submit this nomination.
- A document stating the Basis for Nomination in Microsoft Word or PDF format. This document will need to be available on the computer you are using to submit this nomination.
If the above criteria has been met and you have all necessary information and supporting documentation you can submit your nomination for this award by clicking on the button below and completing the nomination form.
Nominations for this award will open August 15, 2021, and close February 11, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Awardees notified by March 31, 2022 (for purposes of arranging meeting attendance and guest invites)
Previous Award Winners
- 2021 – Living with Dementia Video Series
Georgia Gerontology Society
- 2020 – Culture Change Network
- 2019 – "Aging in Arkansas"
Rosalie Otters, UALR
- 2018 – "Care Documentary"
Mind’s Eye Productions
- 2017 – "Health Beat Newsletter"
Becky Watson, Music for Wellness
- 2016 – National Alliance for Caregiving
Gail Gibson Hunt, President & CEO
- 2015 – "Age in Action" & "Small Steps to Health and Wealth"
- 2014 – "Getting our Hearts Right"
Dr. H. Wallace Goddard, Dr. James P. Marshall, Candace Carrera
- 2013 – "Endless Gardening"
LaVona Traywick, Jessica Vincent, Rosemary Rodibaugh, Julie Thompson
- 2012 – "Outreach NC"
Editor: Carrie Frye
- 2011 – Video/CD: "Fit in 10"
Producer: LaVona Traywick, University of Arkansas
- 2010 – Print Media: "Age in Action"
Virginia Center on Aging - Producer: Ed Ansello
- 2006 – Video/CD: "Neighbors Growing Together"
Producer: Erica Husser