Applied Gerontologist Award
General Criteria (Must be completed for all nominations)
- Awardees for the Applied Gerontologist must be a member of SGS.
- Awardees must have demonstrated evidence of significant service to SGS.
- Awardees must have demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to the field of aging and the development of gerontology in the South.
- A minimum of one letter of support must be provided.
- Nominee must have a sustained record of leadership in the field of aging as evidenced by position(s) of paid employment and/or organizational involvement (e.g. appointed or elected positions in related local, state or regional organizations).
- Nominee must demonstrate recognition in the field, as evidenced by awards conferred by related organizations.
- Nominee must have demonstrated development of innovative programs such as applications of findings/approaches to research, education, management or services delivery (with emphasis on application).
- Nominee must have shown evidence of presentations to community organizations.
- Nominee must have demonstrated having impact on the quality of life of older persons (e.g. training others for leadership, advocacy, etc.)
If the above criteria has been met and you have all necessary information and supporting documentation you can submit your nomination for this award by clicking on the button below and completing the nomination form.
Nominations for this award will open August 15, 2021, and close February 11, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Awardees notified by March 31, 2022 (for purposes of arranging meeting attendance and guest invites)
Previous Award Winners
- 2021 - Fayron Epps
- 2020 - Kim McRae
- 2019 - Leisa Easom
- 2018 - Sudha Shreeniwas
- 2017 - Christopher Kelly & Wayne Moore
- 2016 - Ishan Canty Williams
- 2015 - Christine J. Jensen & LaVona Traywick
- 2014 - Rosalie Otters
- 2013 - Amy F. Hosier
- 2012 - Beverly Patnaik
- 2011 - Luci Bearon
- 2010 - Ruth G. Garrett
- 2009 - Joyce Varner
- 2008 - Maria Greene
- 2007 - Maureen Kelly
- 2006 - E. Douglas Beach
- 2005 - Carol Colleran
- 2004 - Jan Kauffman
- 2003 - Harry Baldwin
- 2002 - Mary Anne Hilker
- 2001 - Sue Maxwell
- 2000 - Betty H. Wiser
- 1999 - Carolyn Graves Ferguson
- 1998 - Gloria Anderson Ducker
- 1997 - John Skirven
- 1996 - Curtis B. Clark
- 1995 - Mary Anne Hilker
- 1994 - William S. Massey
- 1993 - Thelma E. Bland
- 1990 - Paul D. Cotton
- 1988 - Kay H. Hind
- 1987 - Dexter L. Burley
- 1986 - Paul E. Wilson
- 1985 - Margaret Lynn Duggar