Applied Gerontologist Award
General Criteria (Must be completed for all nominations)
- Nominees for the Applied Gerontologist must be a member of SGS.
- Nominee must have demonstrated evidence of significant service to SGS.
- Nominee must have demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to the field of aging and the development of gerontology in the South.
- Three letters of support must be provided.
- Nominee must have a sustained record of leadership in the field of aging as evidenced by position(s) of paid employment and/or organizational involvement (e.g. appointed or elected positions in related local, state or regional organizations).
- Nominee must demonstrate recognition in the field, as evidenced by awards conferred by related organizations.
- Nominee must have demonstrated development of innovative programs such as applications of findings/approaches to research, education, management or services delivery (with emphasis on application).
- Nominee must have shown evidence of presentations to community organizations.
- Nominee must have demonstrated having impact on the quality of life of older persons (e.g. training others for leadership, advocacy, etc.)
If the above criteria has been met and you have all necessary information and supporting documentation you can submit your nomination for this award by filling out the form below.
Nominations For This Award Will Open October 1, 2017
The Nomination Form will be available immediately below this message box.
Previous Award Winners
- 2017 - Christopher Kelly & Wayne Moore
- 2016 - Ishan Canty Williams
- 2015 - Christine J. Jensen & LaVona Traywick
- 2014 - Rosalie Otters
- 2013 - Amy F. Hosier
- 2012 - Beverly Patnaik
- 2011 - Luci Bearon
- 2010 - Ruth G. Garrett
- 2009 - Joyce Varner
- 2008 - Maria Greene
- 2007 - Maureen Kelly
- 2006 - E. Douglas Beach
- 2005 - Carol Colleran
- 2004 - Jan Kauffman
- 2003 - Harry Baldwin
- 2002 - Mary Anne Hilker
- 2001 - Sue Maxwell
- 2000 - Betty H. Wiser
- 1999 - Carolyn Graves Ferguson
- 1998 - Gloria Anderson Ducker
- 1997 - John Skirven
- 1996 - Curtis B. Clark
- 1995 - Mary Anne Hilker
- 1994 - William S. Massey
- 1993 - Thelma E. Bland
- 1990 - Paul D. Cotton
- 1988 - Kay H. Hind
- 1987 - Dexter L. Burley
- 1986 - Paul E. Wilson
- 1985 - Margaret Lynn Duggar