SGS Student Scholarship Award
- Any SGS Student Member who is submitting scholarly work for presentation at the SGS Annual Meeting.
- Students currently enrolled in an academic program with an emphasis in gerontology.
- Student ID or class schedule may be requested to document enrollment.
- Research ideas must be substantially those of the students.
- Awards are made available to all disciplines within the student membership of SGS.
- All authors must indicate academic level.
- A letter of support must be provided by the faculty advisor or mentor.
- The award winner will write a newsletter article for the SGS post-conference newsletter on their conference experience. Newsletter must be written and submitted by May 10th, 2018 to the SGS Administrator.
- The award winner is required to pay for registration and other conference expenses. The scholarship check will be awarded at the conference.
- This scholarship will provide preference to graduate or undergraduate students who demonstrate leadership potential and academic excellence and vision through their research efforts. This one time scholarship is being made available to fund registration and travel to the meeting.
- To apply, students must secure a faculty or mentor letter of endorsement (no longer than one page on letterhead) and fill out the application form below.
Applications For This Award Will Be Open Through February 10, 2018
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.
Previous Award Winners
- 2017 - Eugenie Stephenson | Ethlyn Gibson | Polina Ermoshkina
- 2016 - Christina Barmon | Jennifer Bellingtier | Alissa Goldstein
- 2015 - James Moorhead: "The Feasibility of Conducting LGBT-Specific Cultural Competency Training in Assisted Living Facilities"
Amy Schuster: "Are Undergraduate Students Inherently Ageist? Overt and Subconscious Views of Aging in Societal Context"