Best Practices Award
General Criteria (Must be completed for all nominations)
- Nominee must have demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to the field of aging and the development of gerontology in the South.
- Three letters of support must be provided.
- Innovative and creative linkage with the aging services network.
- Significant involvement in aging services within the SGS region.
- Evidence of sustained effort and substantial impact on improving the quality of life of older adults.
- Opportunities offered in the field of aging.
If the above criteria has been met and you have all necessary information and supporting documentation you can submit your nomination for this award by filling out the form below.
Nominations For This Award Will Open October 1, 2017
The Nomination Form will be available immediately below this message box.
Previous Award Winners
- 2017 - Alzheimer's Arkansas – Elise Siegler & Priscilla Pittman
- 2016 - Lindsay Institute for Innovations in Caregiving
- 2015 - Betty Oliver
- 2012 - Center for Excellence in Aging and Geriatric Health, Williamsburg, VA
- 2010 - Orange County Department on Aging
- 2009 - Hillsborough County Aging Services
- 2008 - InFocus Program at Williamsburg Landing
- 2007 - "Medicare Answers-Prescription Savings" Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast
- 2006 - "Neighbors Growing Together" Intergenerational Programs at VA Tech
- 2005 - Osceola County Council on Aging
- 2004 - Athens Community Council on Aging
- 2003 - Senior Navigator
- 2002 - Share the Care
- 2001 - Heart and Hand, Inc.
- 2000 - UNC Program on Aging
- 1999 - Helping Hand Program of Lexington, KY
- 1998 - Palmetto Senior Care/PACE Program
- 1997 - Best Practices of Alabama