Best Practices Award
General Criteria (Must be completed for all nominations)
- Awardees must have demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to the field of aging and the development of gerontology in the South.
- A minimum of one letter of support must be provided.
Nominees for this award must exemplify at least one of the following:
- Innovative and creative linkage with the aging services network
- Significant involvement in aging services within the SGS region
- Evidence of sustained effort and substantial impact on improving the quality of life of older adults.
If the above criteria has been met and you have all necessary information and supporting documentation you can submit your nomination for this award by clicking on the button below and completing the nomination form.
Nominations for this award will open August 15, 2021, and close February 11, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST.
Awardees notified by March 31, 2022 (for purposes of arranging meeting attendance and guest invites)
Previous Award Winners
- 2021 - Peninsula Agency on Aging - “Safety Check-In Calls Program”
- 2020 - Riverside Health System - Clinical Pharmacy Services Team - “Medication Review Program”
- 2019 - Memory Matters - Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- 2018 - Williamsburg Memory Café - Denise Butler
- 2017 - Alzheimer's Arkansas - Elise Siegler & Priscilla Pittman
- 2016 - Lindsay Institute for Innovations in Caregiving
- 2015 - Arkansas Extension Homemakers Club - Betty Oliver
- 2012 - Center for Excellence in Aging and Geriatric Health, Williamsburg, VA
- 2010 - Orange County Department on Aging
- 2009 - Hillsborough County Aging Services
- 2008 - InFocus Program at Williamsburg Landing
- 2007 - "Medicare Answers-Prescription Savings" Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast
- 2006 - "Neighbors Growing Together" Intergenerational Programs at VA Tech
- 2005 - Osceola County Council on Aging
- 2004 - Athens Community Council on Aging
- 2003 - Senior Navigator
- 2002 - Share the Care
- 2001 - Heart and Hand, Inc.
- 2000 - UNC Program on Aging
- 1999 - Helping Hand Program of Lexington, KY
- 1998 - Palmetto Senior Care/PACE Program
- 1997 - Best Practices of Alabama