Best Practices Award
GENERAL CRITERIA (Must be completed for all nominations)
- Nominee must have demonstrated evidence of significant contribution to the field of aging and the development of gerontology in the South.
- Three letters of support must be provided.
- Innovative and creative linkage with the aging services network.
- Significant involvement in aging services within the SGS region.
- Evidence of sustained effort and substantial impact on improving the quality of life of older adults.
- Opportunities offered in the field of aging.
Nomination Deadline: March 10, 2017
2017 Award Winner
- 2017 – Alzheimer’s Arkansas – Elise Siegler & Priscilla Pittman
- 2016 – Lindsay Institute for Innovations in Caregiving
- 2015 – Betty Oliver
- 2012 – Center for Excellence in Aging and Geriatric Health, Williamsburg, VA
- 2010 – Orange County Department on Aging
- 2009 – Hillsborough County Aging Services
- 2008 – InFocus Program at Williamsburg Landing
- 2007 – “Medicare Answers-Prescription Savings” Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach and the Treasure Coast
- 2006 – “Neighbors Growing Together” Intergenerational Programs at VA Tech
- 2005 – Osceola County Council on Aging
- 2004 – Athens Community Council on Aging
- 2003 – Senior Navigator
- 2002 – Share the Care
- 2001 – Heart and Hand, Inc.
- 2000 – UNC Program on Aging
- 1999 – Helping Hand Program of Lexington, KY
- 1998 – Palmetto Senior Care/PACE Program
- 1997 – Best Practices of Alabama