SGS Student Scholarship Award
- Any SGS Student Member who is submitting scholarly work for presentation at the SGS Annual Meeting.
- All authors must be students currently enrolled in an academic program with an emphasis in gerontology.
- Research ideas must be substantially those of the students.
- Awards are made available to all disciplines within the student membership of SGS.
- All authors must indicate academic level.
This scholarship will provide preference to graduate or undergraduate students who demonstrate leadership potential and academic excellence and vision through their research efforts. This one time scholarship is being made available to fund registration and travel to the meeting.
This is an annual award. Funds will be dispensed directly to the award winner through the mail.
Deadline has Past: Applications must be received by February 10, 2017.
Notification will be made no later than March 3, 2017.
2017 Award Winners
- 2017 – Eugenie Stephenson
- 2017 – Ethlyn Gibson
- 2017 – Polina Ermoshkina
- 2016 – Christina Barmon
- 2016 – Jennifer Bellingtier
- 2016 – Alissa Goldstein
- 2015 – James Moorhead: “The Feasibility of Conducting LGBT-Specific Cultural Competency Training in Assisted Living Facilities”
- 2015 – Amy Schuster: “Are Undergraduate Students Inherently Ageist? Overt and Subconscious Views of Aging in Societal Context”